NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING CURRENT TREND IN MARKET AND TYPES OF INSPECTIONS.
What is NDT?
Non-destructive testing (NDT) is performed by engineers and technicians who detect internal and external imperfections to access structure composition or properties and measure geometric characteristics – without affecting the form, fit or function of the test object or system.NDT personnel can become involved in research,design,manufacturing and maintenance projects.
The definition of Non-destructive testing:
- The testing of a material or component for flaws using physical means (energy) without impairing the usefulness of the material or component.
- The objective of NDT is to ensure the reliability of components in their intended use and to prevent failure that could cause damage to other components or even loss of life.
NDT and the Job Market:
There has been a 64 percentage increase in NDT Jobs since 2007.with stimulus funding for infrastructure improvements, the NDT job market should continue to grow. The average NDT salary in the Gulf market $40,000.salaries can vary by the location, industry, experience and benefits.
Who will study?
- Quality Personnel’s
- Those interested in career in science.
- Condition monitoring technicians
- Any non technical personnel for NDT Technicians or ordering NDT Techniques to plan & equipment.
- Students who studied engineering syllabus.