Familiarization of Codes and Standards
A Codes and Standard can be defined as a set of technical definitions and guidelines that function as instructions for designers, manufacturers, operators, or users of equipment. Fabrications of tank, pressure vessel, heat exchanger, reactors, piping, pipeline etc. for industrial projects are done strictly in accordance with standards. Hence QA/QC engineers should be familiar with the relevant codes and standards. Accordingly we have defined this course which will be a great support to fresh engineers looking forward develop carrier as QA/QC Engineer or QA/QC Inspector.
Drawing is the universal language of engineers and QA/QC engineers working in the project should be capable to understand below listed drawings and have to work accordingly.
- Instrument Drawing
- Isometric Drawing
Usually drawings are done by the design engineers of the EPC companies and construction of the project are done as per the drawings.
Fundamentals of Quality Control
This course is designed in such a way that it will give a clear idea about Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) for the project. Moreover it will explain below duties and responsibilities of a Quality Control engineer.
- Pre-Inspection Meeting
- Inspection of Raw materials
- NDT / Destructive testing involved in raw material Inspection
- Material Certificate Control
- Review of Drawings
- Review of Procedures & Operator
- Qualification for Welding and NDT
- Fit up inspection of spools
- Monitoring of Welds
- Visual Inspection of finished welds
- Identification of spools
- Post Weld Heat Treatment
- Hardness Test
- Non Destructive Inspection of welds
- Surface Preparation and painting of spools
- Inspection at erection (Fit up, welding, PWHT, NDT etc.)
- Pressure Test
- Coating Inspection
- In-Service Inspection.